We tend to think of ourselves as having bodies. The brain will think, “I have a body.” But every now and then the body, so to speak, hits the brain upside the head. Says, “Don’t you EVER call me your fucking body! YOU’RE my fucking BRAIN!”
New word I made up.
Are you well slept?
Are you slept at all?
Often I am more like sleptish.
Naah, just some good eatin’.
My sacrum hurts.
My head hurts.
Had a lot to get done this weekend. One thing I did get was get my record player repaired, specifically the cartridge replaced. Sounds great now.
Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called ‘life’…. Prince
I have a terminal disease called ‘life’ and only have about 47 more years to live. Let’s make the most of it.
57 books read this year. If I get bored enough today, it might end up at 58.
but who’s counting.
Best non-fiction and best overall:
How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan
Gotta go with Willful Disregard by Lena Andersson.
Year in review outside of the covers:
- Weaving school! Yay!
- Florestan died. Boo.
- Beautiful biking weekends with my husband. Yay!
- Covid. Boo.
- Met more paternal biorelatives. Yay!
- My birthday weekend in Montreal! Double-yay!
- Made Tech Lead of a new project. Boo. No seriously, boo. I hate being lead.
- The Fair is back after a 3-year hiatus! Our goats looked great! Yay!
- Our biking week in New York State! Super-yay!
- Mother-in-law loses life partner. Experiences depression black hole which threatens to suck me in. Boo.
6. Refuse all help
7. Make no decisions except not to do anything
8. “We aren’t close” is a great reason not to contact someone
9. Give up reading
- Have no friends
- Have no hobbies
- Believe the worst will always happen
- Always assume you can’t do something, not that you can
Will look for more life lessons.
Two more sleeps.
Warning, Bad Person ahead. I remember feeling this way with my own parents. Newly grateful that I never had children. Because I can be sure I will never, ever inflict this kind of thing on anyone.
Oh Tytania, you are going to grow old alone. Fuck yeah.